Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fibromylagia Study: It's Not All In Our Minds, It's In Our Neurons

Every time I read a report of another medical study, like this article... http://in.reuters.com/article/health/idINTRE58L40T20090922 ...hope wells up and I scan, looking for news of a breakthrough in understanding the causes, and perhaps even finding a cure---hell, even a reliable treatment would be nice---for Fibromylagia or ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So far, no luck, but at least this one was a blind study, using controls, confirming identifiable neurological abnormalities common to fibromyalgia patients in far higher percentages than in the control group.

I'm linking it here, and I'll be bringing it to the attention of the doctor with the pain management group at Kaiser, because just three weeks ago yesterday, he told me there were no such studies that he knew of. This article doesn't change much, but it's a scrap I'll cherish. Now when I say that I've read that there are measurable neurological manifestations of this disease, I'll have this one more scrap of evidence.

Fibromyalgia victims, tell your doctors. Let's keep them up to date.

1 comment:

  1. Has anyone heard of the trials with low dose Naltraxone for Fybro?

    ReplyDelete